What do the longest living organisms have in common? What regulates aging and longevity in humans?
Welcome to the Body Mind Empowerment Podcast I'm your host Siim Land and this episode is the first video lecture from my Metabolic Autophagy Master Class. I'm going to talk about the longevity pathways in humans and other species and how to activate them for anti aging.
- Hallmarks of aging - 05:15
- Free radical theory of aging - 06:48
- Are antioxidants effective? - 09:13
- Hormesis - 10:10
- Longevity pathways in humans - 10:45
- Insulin/glucagon (blood sugars) - 12:41
- IGF-1 - 13:55
- Sirtuins - 17:09
- Autophagy + caloric restriction - 18:08
- mTOR, AMPK, and autophagy explained - 21:50
- FOXO proteins - 23:45
- Telomeres - 24:25
- Summary and habits to implement - 26:14
And much more...
Here are the links to the podcast on all platforms
If you want to support this podcast, then I'd greatly appreciate if you could join my Patreon community. You'll be able to get access to unique worksheets about Body Mind Empowerment, a lot of exclusive videos about my routines, biohacking workshops, and a privilege for your questions on the next Q&A.
- Link to Article with Studies
- My NEW BOOK Metabolic Autophagy
- Metabolic Autophagy Audiobook
- Metabolic Autophagy Master Class
- Get the FULL GUIDE to INTERMITTENT FASTING FREE BOOK
- Get the Metabolic Autophagy Program
- Keto Adaptation Manual Book
- Watch the Biohacking Bootcamp Videos on Patreon
- Use the Code SIIM for a 10% discount on BluBlox Glasses
- Use the Code redsiim at Redlightrising.co.uk
- Body Mind Empowerment Handbook
- Keto Fit Program
- Keto // IF Program
P.S. The HD video recordings of all the Biohacker Summit Tallinn speeches are now released. Incredible information about optimizing your health and well-being. My own speech talks about doing fasting with training for longevity and muscle growth. Check it out!