You might have heard conflicting opinions about what causes obesity and overeating. Part of it is blamed on calories, part of it on satiety signaling through this hormone called leptin. However, there is so much more context to how these pathways take effect.
Welcome to the Body Mind Empowerment Podcast I’m your host Siim Land and our guest today is Omar Mohtar. Omar is an MD PhD student at the Boston University in Molecular Medicine. He’s published papers on treating lung cancer, cell disease, leptin, and mTOR.
- How Omar Started Researching Leptin 01:30
- How Does mTOR Affect Satiety 04:00
- Context of mTOR Activation in Different Diets 10:50
- How Processed Food Hijack Your Brain 16:30
- How Does Insulin Regulate Leptin 20:30
- Ketogenic Diets and Appetite 28:02
- The Brain's Role in Regulating Appetite 34:30
- Fasting and Leptin Sensitivity 42:15
- Fasting and Overeating 50:55
- Danger of Interpreting Animal Studies 01:05:00
And much more...
Here are the links to the podcast on all platforms
If you want to support this podcast, then I'd greatly appreciate if you could join my Patreon community. You'll be able to get access to unique worksheets about Body Mind Empowerment, a lot of exclusive videos about my routines, biohacking workshops, and a privilege for your questions on the next Q&A.
- Omar's Paper on mTOR and Leptin
- Metabolic Autophagy Master Class Video Course
- My NEW BOOK Metabolic Autophagy
- Get the FULL GUIDE to INTERMITTENT FASTING FREE BOOK
- Get the Metabolic Autophagy Program
- Keto Adaptation Manual Book
- Watch the Biohacking Bootcamp Videos on Patreon
- Use the Code SIIM for a 10% discount on BluBlox Glasses
- Use the Code redsiim at Redlightrising.co.uk
- Body Mind Empowerment Handbook
- Keto Fit Program
- Keto // IF Program
P.S. The HD video recordings of all the Biohacker Summit Tallinn speeches are now released. Incredible information about optimizing your health and well-being. My own speech talks about doing fasting with training for longevity and muscle growth. Check it out!